Date: November 3, 2023
Position: Production Scientist
Company: BrainXell, Inc.
Location: Madison, WI
Apply at: https://brainxell.com/careers
BrainXell is currently searching for a new member of our growth-oriented production team. This team is responsible for producing our current product portfolio of neurons and glia, and at times assists in developing new products. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well both independently and as part of a team, has mammalian cell culture experience, and is looking to have a positive impact on our growing company. This position is structured to support creative thinking and encourages exploring new innovations and techniques for process improvement.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of iPSC culture activities.
- Produce differentiated neuronal cells according to the schedule.
- Compile process data to identify trends and assist in troubleshooting to resolve any problems.
- Maintain a high degree of laboratory and quality standards to ensure strong product quality, documentation, and a safe work environment.
- Assist with laboratory support work such as: routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment, raw material stocking, simple SOP or protocol updates, etc.
- Help the company and department continue to develop by identifying efficiency options, participating in improvement sessions, identifying cost-saving measures, and more.
- Due to the nature of cell culturing, some weekend and holiday work is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in cell biology or related field or an Associate’s Degree in a comparable field with 2 years of applicable experience.
- Mammalian Cell Culture experience is preferred.
- Stem Cell Culture experience is a plus.
- Effective communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a BSC for extended periods and wear appropriate PPE while working.
- Perform work that includes repetitive motion.
- Follow safety protocols while performing work in a BSL2 laboratory.
- Occasionally life heavy items (50 pounds).
BrainXell is a growing biotechnology company which provides high-purity, iPSC-derived human neurons, astrocytes and microglia for translational research and drug discovery. Utilizing proprietary technology, we generate a variety of assay-ready, subtype-specific cells of the CNS which are relevant to a range of neurological disorders. Each cell subtype can be produced from unique iPSC lines into custom batches ranging from 50 million to 10 billion viable cells. BrainXell is dedicated to delivering the highest quality cells while creating a dynamic and collaborative work environment where talented individuals can thrive and make a meaningful impact. As part of our ongoing growth and commitment to excellence, we are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Production Scientist to join our team.
BrainXell is located in the University Research Park on Madison’s west side. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a great benefits package with 100% employer paid health insurance and dental insurance, flexible scheduling, ample paid time off, and a SIMPLE 401(k) plan including an employer match.