Stem Cell Basics
- Understanding Stem Cells: An Overview of the Science and Issues from the National Academy of Science
- National Institutes of Health Stem Cell Information
- International Society for Stem Cell Research
- Regenerative Medicine: From Stem Cells to New Organs (Mini Med School — 18 September 2014)
- What are stem cells? by Craig A. Kohn. TED video and curriculum produced in conjunction with the UW Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center and the Morgridge Institute for Research.
- What are induced pluripotent stem cells? narrated by Dr. Mick Bhatia. Celebrated by the 2012 Nobel Prize in Medicine, a type of cell known as an “induced pluripotent stem cell” or “iPS cell” has important implications for the emerging field of biomedical technology. In this video, Canadian scientist Dr. Mick Bhatia explains how iPS cells are created and how they can be used to create new therapies for human disease.
- Stem Book: A collection of invited, original, peer-reviewed chapters covering a range of topics related to stem cell biology aimed at stem cell and non-specialist researchers.
Considering a Stem Cell Treatment?
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine-Related Clinical Trials
- NIH Stem Cell Information: Clinical Trials
- Considering a Stem Cell Treatment? Find out what is possible. Know what to ask: The International Society for Stem Cell Research provides information to help you evaluate claims of what stem cell treatments might be able to do.