The Career Enhancement Opportunity Exploration (CEO) Program at UW-Madison facilitates graduate students’ participation in internships in career environments outside of academic research. We anticipate that students will make informed decisions about which of the many career paths to pursue post graduation. The program is designed to benefit not only the student, but also the participating hosts by connecting them to better-prepared interns and potentially stronger future job candidates.
Quick Facts about CEO
- The program consists of two main components: the CEO training component and the CEO internship.
- Internships are open all graduate students in the basic and biomedical sciences, subject to approval.
- Students eligible for internships will be advanced graduate students (at minimum having passed all their doctoral qualifying exams).
- The internship can be 6 weeks to 6 months in length.
- CEO is currently looking for graduate student internship opportunities in many areas including: Biotech, pharma, or medical device research & development; Science policy or communication; Business and entrepreneurship; and Intellectual property and regulatory law.
If you are interested in taking a UW-Madison intern, please contact us.