Robert Streiffer, PHD
Position title: Associate Professor, Bioethics and Philosophy
- Streiffer Home Page
- Other affiliation: The Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- Ethical and policy issues arising from modern biotechnology
- Member of UW’s Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee and UW’s Biotechnology Advisory Committee
- Streiffer R. At the edge of humanity: Human stem cells, chimeras, and moral status. The Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal 15(4):347-370. 2005.
- Streiffer R. Academic freedom and industry-imposed restrictions on academic biotechnology research. The Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal 16(2):129-149. 2006.
- Streiffer R. 2008. “Informed Consent and Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research,” Hastings Center Report, 38 (3), 40-47. [article (reprinted by permission)]