Amish N. Raval, MD
Position title: Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and Affiliate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Organ System/Disease Focus:
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart Failure, Myocardial Infarction and Cardiomyopathy
- Aligned Research Focus:
- Stem cell and regenerative medicine, Interventional Imaging for Therapeutic Delivery
- Former News 3 Now sports director shares heart attack experience in hope of helping others
- BioCardia Announces First Patient Treated in CardiAMP Cell Therapy Trial for Chronic Myocardial Ischemia
Neenah man gets new lease on life after trial heart procedure
- Moving beyond hype: Could one-two treatment restore damaged heart muscle?
- UW Treats First Participant in Trial of Stem-Cell Therapy for Heart Failure
Dr. Raval is the Director of the Clinical Cardiovascular Research and Director of the UW Heart Attack Program; UW Director of Clinical Cardiovascular Research; and Chair, Cardiovascular Regeneration Focus Group
In my lab, we are interested in clinical and translational research for heart and vascular disease.
Focus areas include:
1. Development of novel interventional imaging systems for targeted biologics delivery
2. Development of novel therapeutic biologic delivery systems
3. Regenerative medicine clinical trials to treat cardiovascular disease
Featured Researcher Fall 2013 newsletter
- Raval AN, Johnston PV, Duckers HJ, Cook TD, Traverse JH, Altman PA, Dhingra R, Hematti P, Borrello I, Anderson RD, Pepine CJ. Point of care, bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy in ischemic heart failure patients personalized for cell potency: 12-month feasibility results from CardiAMP heart failure roll-in cohort. Int J Cardiol. 2021 Mar 1;326:131-138. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2020.10.043. Epub 2020 Oct 20. PMID: 33091520.
- Schmuck EG, Roy S, Dhillon A, Walker S, Spinali K, Colevas S, Zhou T, Chhabra G, Liu Y, Kader Sagar MA, Childs CJ, Kink JA, Eliceiri KW, Hematti P, Raval AN. Cultured cardiac fibroblasts and myofibroblasts express Sushi Containing Domain 2 and assemble a unique fibronectin rich matrix. Exp Cell Res. 2021 Feb 15;399(2):112489. doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2021.112489. Epub 2021 Jan 14. PMID: 33453237.
- Raval AN, Pepine CJ. Clinical Safety Profile of Transendocardial Catheter Injection Systems: A Plea for Uniform Reporting. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2021 Jan;22:100-108. doi: 10.1016/j.carrev.2020.06.031. Epub 2020 Jun 30. PMID: 32651159.
- Roy S, Spinali K, Schmuck EG, Kink JA, Hematti P, Raval AN. Cardiac fibroblast derived matrix-educated macrophages express VEGF and IL-6, and recruit mesenchymal stromal cells. J Immunol Regen Med. 2020 Dec;10:100033. doi: 10.1016/j.regen.2020.100033. Epub 2020 Oct 21. PMID: 33564732; PMCID: PMC7869854.