Amish N. Raval, MD
Position title: Associate Professor, Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine Division (Biomedical Engineering [Affiliate])
- Organ System/Disease Focus:
- Cardiovascular medicine
- Aligned Research Focus:
- Innovative interventional image guidance modalities and therapeutic delivery systems to treat cardiovascular disease
Dr, Raval is the Director of the Clinical Cardiovascular Research and Director of the UW Heart Attack Program; UW Director of Clinical Cardiovascular Research; and Chair, Cardiovascular Regeneration Focus Group
In my lab, we are interested in clinical and translational research for heart and vascular disease.
Focus areas include:
1. Development of novel interventional imaging systems for targeted biologics delivery
2. Development of novel therapeutic biologic delivery systems
3. Regenerative medicine clinical trials to treat cardiovascular disease
- Raval AN, Cook TD, Duckers H, Johnston PV, Traverse JH, Abraham WT, Altman PA, Pepine CJ. The CardiAMP Heart Failure trial: A Randomized Controlled Pivotal Trial of High Dose Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells Using the CardiAMP Cell Therapy System in Patients with Post Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure: Trial Rationale and Study Design. American Heart Journal 2018;201;141-148.
- Schmuck EG, Koch JM, Centanni JM, Hacker TA, Braun RK, Eldridge M, Hei DJ, Hematti P, Raval AN. Biodistribution and Clearance of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Quantitative Three-Dimensional Cryo-Imaging After Intravenous Infusion in a Rat Lung Injury Model. Stem Cells Transl Med 2016: July 26 PMID 27460855, PMC5189648
- Schmuck EG, Koch JM, Hacker TA, Hatt CR, Tomkowiak MT, Vigen KK, Hendren N, Leitzke C, Zhao YQ, Li Z, Centanni JM, Hei DJ, Schwahn D, Kim J, Hematti P, Raval AN. Intravenous Followed by X-ray Fused with MRI-Guided Transendocardial Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injection Improves Contractility Reserve in a Swine Model of Myocardial Infarction. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2015 Oct;8(7):438-48. PMC5006679
- Lalit PA, Hei DJ, Raval AN, Kamp TJ. Induced pluripotent stem cells post-myocardial infarction repair: remarkable opportunities and challenges. Circ Res 2014;114(8):1328-45
- Schmuck EG, Mulligan JD, Ertel RL, Kouris NA, Ogle BM, Raval AN, Saupe KW. Cardiac fibroblast derived 3D extracellular matrix seeded with mesenchymal stem cells as a novel device to transfer cells to the ischemic myocardium. Cardiovasc Eng Technol 2014;5(1):119-131
Note: Since some names are more common than others, search may need more refining to specifically target this researcher.